Breaking News

Shamita Shetty reveals her desire as an artist; says, “I am very greedy for more work”

Bollywood actress Shamita Shetty, sister of Shilpa Shetty in an interview opened up on being disappointed as an artist for not getting many acting offers. She expresses her desire to do more films and have more opportunities her way after her recent release The Tenant. Shamita Shetty recently made a comeback to silver screen with The Tenant. The actress hoped that post this release, a lot more opportunities came her way as currently her pipeline didn’t seem to be flooded. Shamita told Hindustan Times, “There isn’t that much coming my way. I’m hoping that after my last film, The Tenant, it changes, and I don’t need to wait for another two years for a project of mine.” Shamita revealed her desire to work more and get her talent explored. She said, “I’m now hoping that people see some talent in me and give me something nice in the future, because I am very greedy for more work. As an artist, I feel I haven’t explored my talent enough. There is so much that I would like to do.” Talking about how difficult her journey as an artist has been she added, “I have been around for around 20 years. My first release was in 2000 (Mohabbatein). It has not been an easy journey. Sometimes it’s not just about the money, it’s also for an artist as an artist has to be able to express her creativity. So, it’s been very frustrating for me to not be able to do that enough. Because I’ve barely had any film releases.” She further added, “I have learnt a lot about myself as an individual (and) as a person with all that I have faced over the years. It has made me a stronger person today.” “I believe in myself and in my talent. I have hope. If I didn’t have hope, I wouldn’t keep going. Every time I’m given a project, I start working on it on the character. With every film, I’ve learned how much I love performing. It’s a different high for me,” she concluded. Having made her debut with a Yash Raj film Mohabbatein, Shamita has not only made her mark on the silver screen but also created ripples across television and OTT, and now recently marked her return to silver screen with The Tenant. Also Read: Shamita Shetty pens an optimistic note desiring a better society for women as her film The Tenant releases today

from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/1ncgPaf

No comments