Breaking News

Vidya Balan says producer checked her ‘kundli’ and refused to meet after her film with Mohanlal got shelved

Actress Vidya Balan recently spoke candidly about her initial struggles in the film industry. In a conversation at The Indian Express' event Expresso, Vidya revealed a period where she was replaced from a dozen films due to being labeled "unlucky." "It was a time of heartbreak that lasted three years," Vidya said and added, "That feeling of rejection was so strong and it was devastating. I was shattered and my will to continue on this path was shook.”

Despite the challenges, Vidya’s determination persevered. "The fire in my belly wouldn't let me give up," she continued. "I'd cry myself to sleep every night, but the next morning, I'd be back, ready to start fresh." 

The turning point, according to The Dirty Picture actress, came after a series of setbacks. "Forget the kind of roles that I wanted. After the film with Mohanlal got shelved, there was another Malayalam film which I was doing that got shelved. That’s when people started to brand me unlucky. That was heartbreaking.”

The "unlucky" label, the 45-year-old actress explained, led to her replacement from nearly a dozen films. She recounted a particularly hurtful incident involving a film producer. Vidya asserted that a producer refused to meet me after the film with Mohanlal got shelved and a few days later, she learned she was replaced. Vidya explained that the producer said, “I got her kundli read. She is unlucky.” 

However, Vidya’s resilience paid off.  The actress concluded by saying that following the success of Lage Raho Munna Bhai, the tables turned. The same producer who had labeled her unlucky approached her for a major project.

Speaking of the professional front, Vidya is currently awaiting the release of Do Aur Do Pyaar. Besides her, the film also stars Pratik Gandhi, Ileana D’Cruz, and Sendhil Ramamurthy. The Shirsha Guha Thakurta directorial is slated to release on April 19. 

Also Read: Vidya Balan reveals she signed Bhool Bhulaiyaa without reading the script; says, “I said yes instantly”



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/LBlpXv3

No comments