Breaking News

Kay Kay Menon recalls losing Maqbool to Irrfan Khan, getting Haider because “Manoj Bajpayee didn’t have dates”

Actor Kay Kay Menon is approaching three decades in the Hindi film industry. In a recent interview, he opened up about his early career alongside close friends Manoj Bajpayee and the late Irrfan Khan.

Navigating the Industry In a chat with Indian Express, Menon reflected on a time when filmmakers weren't sure how to utilize their talents. "Manoj, Irrfan, and I, we came around the same time," he says. "I don't think filmmakers knew how to use us, in that sense, because we came at a time when films were different. So we had to settle for playing villains and half-villains here and there. We had to do that all. That's how the industry is." Roles Swapped: Maqbool and Haider Menon shedded light on an interesting anecdote related to Vishal Bhardwaj's films. "I lost Vishal Bhardwaj's Maqbool to my friend Irrfan," he revealed, "and got Haider because Manoj didn't have dates." He clarified, "But I guess if you are at it, things happen. I don't believe what Manoj said, because Manoj was the first choice for Haider. He, however, didn't have dates, and most probably Vishal (Bhardwaj) and Manoj discussed and said 'Kay Kay ko lete hai (let's take Kay Kay instead)'. That's how it happened, ulta hua hai (it is the other way around)." Breaking the Mold: Serious Work, Lighthearted Approach Menon also addressed the perception of him being typecast in serious roles. "I was stuck with it, the whole thing about doing only serious, intense roles," he says. "Let me tell you that I can be seriously funny. I have always taken my work seriously but never taken myself seriously, I have never been like, ‘aah, ab meri entry ho rahi hai’,” he concludes.

Speaking of the professional front, Kay Kay Menon is currently promoting his new show, Shekhar Homes, which will start streaming on JioCinema from August 14.

Also Read: Shekhar Home: Kay Kay Menon opens up about shooting the series in real locations in West Bengal; says, “Surprised that the team found places which still hold the 90s charm”



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/MhFVeGD

No comments