Bobby Deol gets emotional recalling Dharmendra and his cinema journey at Jagran Film Festival: “I’m so glad that papa saw me and my brother succeeding in our lives”
At the 14th edition of Rajnigandha Presents Jagran Film Festival, actor Bobby Deol opened up about his family, his journey in cinema and the lasting influence of his father, veteran actor Dharmendra. During the session titled “Courage to Begin Again: Inside one of Indian Cinema’s Most Remarkable Reinventions,” Bobby spoke about his career, his family’s support and some of the moments that have shaped his life in films.
Reflecting on his long association with cinema and his father, Bobby recalled that his journey began at a very young age when he played Dharmendra’s younger version on screen. Years later, their professional connection came full circle when Bobby lent his voice to his father in his final film, Ikkis, for scenes in which Dharmendra’s character was shown younger.
“You know the most amazing thing is that I’m so lucky that I started my career when I was 5-6 years old playing my dad’s young self. And then my father’s last film, Ikkis in some scenes he was shown to be young, so I dubbed for his voice. So for me, it’s very special.”
Bobby became emotional while remembering his father and spoke about how significant it was for Dharmendra to see both his sons achieve success after going through a challenging period in their respective careers.
He recalled one of the compliments that stayed with him and said, “I’m so glad that papa saw me and my brother succeeding in our lives. We were going through a very dull period in our careers. But we both succeeded in the same year. And papa saw that… That now you’ve recognized yourself as an actor."
The conversation gave the audience an insight into Bobby Deol’s personal journey beyond his work on screen. His memories of Dharmendra also highlighted the importance of family and the role his father’s presence and encouragement played throughout his career.
Also Read : Anurag Kashyap distances himself from Bobby Deol starrer Bandar, says “Whatever came out is not my final cut”
from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/dj5pf8Y
No comments